Thursday, January 20, 2011

Content - Atravos, Terror of the Duskmoore

I realize it's been some time since I posted anything on my blog, but that is not without reason.  On one hand, I have been putting in many extra hours at my actual pays-the-bills-for-now job.  More importantly, there are several projects I've been working on, each of which keeps me busy in its own right.  These projects are the important part, more important in many respects than the job that pays my bills.  As a brief rundown, I'm working on:

  • A publication called Beginnings: Part 1.  This consists three short stories about characters in the Divine Lands setting.  At present the work is nearly finished, I'm just waiting for some editing input and some cover art (which looks gorgeous so far, and it's not even done).  Two of the stories in my blog, Mechises and Janon, make up the bulk of this project.  I realize this is kind of lame, but in all honesty I never thought I'd be publishing those stories, and it seems bad form to take them down now just to ask people to pay for them.  After some thought, I've decided I'm just going to make the work super cheap.  Win for you!
  • The second project I'm working on is a pointless just-because bit of game design.  I am a fan of the Warcraft setting in its many forms, and I love the whole story.  So, just because I like making things, I am building the first level of the Warcraft 1 orc campaign using the Warcraft 3 engine.  If there's enough response (read: any response at all), I might even continue the project.
  • Finally I am working on a collection of YouTube videos.  These range from readings of the history of my setting, to silly sketch comedy.  Completion of these might be a bit down the road, but they're coming.

The main purpose of this post, however, is to present to you a document that I worked on for the last day or so. It's nothing much in the way of fiction, but it should be interesting to anyone who likes game stats.  The dragon Atravos is a character in the Divine Lands campaign setting.  He's not among the more important characters, but he does play his role and I am fond of the vicious beast.  So, as an exercise in comparative game design, I built his stats in three different editions of D&D.

If you're interested, feel free to download.  It's a simple PDF, nothing special, but hopefully someone out there will find it as interesting as I do.

------

No comments:

Post a Comment