Saturday, May 14, 2011

Content - Beginnings: Part I

I'm published!

The book is three short stories, costs $2.00, and I get a percentage of each book sold.

Two options for you:

  • Buy it here on Kindle: Linkies for America, UK, and Deutschland!  Digital copy only, full functional and lovely on the Kindle reader or the Kindle for PC ap (follow this link, if you want the ap).
    • The advantage of buying my book on the Kindle is, obviously, that you can read it on the Kindle.  Which means you can read it anywhere, easily, just like a regular book.  It's...kinda why the Kindle was invented, really.
    • The disadvantage of buying my book on Kindle is that I can't discount the price.  You end up paying the full $2.00.  I have no say over that, sorry.


  • Buy it here on Lulu: Linkie!  Digital copy only, PDF only.
    • The advantage of buying my book on Lulu is that I can set discounts.  This discount will fluctuate, as I have periodic "sales" of a sort.  These periods of lower price will usually coincide with the release of new work, special events, or combinations.
    • The disadvantage of buying my book on Lulu is that you can't read it on a Kindle.  You get a PDF version which looks very lovely I think, but the Kindle doesn't know what to do with PDF files.  So there's that.  If you don't mind reading on a computer...yeah.

There is one very, very important thing you have to do for me, however.  Whether or not you buy a copy is up to you but please tell other people about my work.  Tell everyone you know, and have them tell everyone you know.  That's the single most important aspect, and the single greatest favor you can ever do for me.  Seriously.  Tell everyone.  I will bear your children.

Also, if you're thinking to do me a favor by buying on the Kindle specifically because it's more money and you think I'll get more...don't.  If that's your intent, I genuinely appreciate the thought, I really do.  However, Lulu's numbers work better in my favor (at least for the low price range of this book).  At present, given the discount I've set on Lulu, Kindle is indeed better for me monetarily.  However as the Lulu discount goes away, each book sold there will net me more monies than each book sold for the Kindle.

Either way, I don't care really.  Just trying to say that you should buy whichever one suits you best, and don't worry about what you think would make me more money.  You're probably wrong.

Tell everyone about my book.  Do it.

------
More importantly?  Tell other people about my work!

1 comment: